Translate

jueves, 11 de septiembre de 2008

Interesting...

Hiiii,

While I was in Vegas, I saw a tv spot about how to organize your makeup. The info was interesting, but what got me going was a site they mentioned about makeup products. This is a site dedicated to rate the ingredients on every makeup/ face product and see how good or bad it is depending on the ingredients. Turns out that companies can put any ingredient into these products and the government does not require pre-market safety tests for any of them!

Well, yesterday night I sat down and tried out this site. I was stunned. Turns out that almost every product I use is almost hazardous!! Whaaaaattttt???!!!

I was there taking a look at almost every makeup brand I know and they all turned out almost the same. Between 5 and 8's, 0 being the lowest and 10 the highest. MAC, Urban Decay, Neutrogena, Oh my God! I can't believe it!

MAC Scrub mask:

yesCancer
yesDevelopmental/reproductive toxicity
among others...

My opinion: I think this is crazy! In this society, we have to learn how to be objective. I honestly think this is over exaggerating. Sometimes we just get overboard and we think that everything is bad. Unfortunately, we are being bombarded every day with bad stuff, listening to the news, comments, etc., and we are a society that is living based on FEAR. Everything scares us. Lettuce, tomatoes, and the list keeps on going.

Maybe they do have some ingredients that are not the best, but do they have to scare us saying that we can get cancer by using this?

Well, this is my opinion and of course, you're welcomed to have yours. If you want to take a look at this site, here's the address www.cosmeticdatabase.com And feel free to comment about it and let me know.

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin